I love being a photographer, and most of all I love being inspired and fulfilled.
My passion for photography started when I was 11, and at 16, when I won the Best Photographer Award at The Royal Show and was a finalist in the black & white photography competition in Camera & Image magazine, I was inspired to pursue a career in photography.
I completed my degree in Photography cum laude in 2003, and have been working as a commercial photographer for the past 7 years for local and international clients.
Recently I won a Silver & Bronze award at the Sony Profoto Awards, and was a semi-finalist in the African Photographic Awards.
I love food & lifestyle photography – everything from choosing the props, to styling, lighting, and then taking the shot. I also love discovering new places and documenting my travels by shooting from the hip.
When I’m not looking through my viewfinder, I am most likely browsing antique stores, vintage prop shopping, cooking up a storm, or designing wall paper.
Connect with Rikki Hibbert
Articles by Rikki Hibbert
- Pixel Knight TR-332 Trigger Set: Tutorial for Canon 5D Mark II The Pixel Knight Trigger Set is an advanced high performance wireless flash trigger. Simply attach the transmitter to your camera hot shoe and the receiver to your flash, and you have a wireless light setup. Changes made on the camera are transmitted to the off-camera flash by a half-press of the shutter. Pixel Knight Trigger supports ...
- Review: Lowepro Passport Sling Camera Bag or Everyday Fashion Item? Review By: Tristan Hall & Rikki Hibbert Now don’t you worry, I am not going to pretend to know something about fashion or the coffee club culture but this review is going to have a twist. To try offer a balanced perspective, Rikki is going to be our more fashionable, female ...
- Photo Tip: Prepare Gear the Night Before While I may be writing this weeks Photo Tip, the idea comes from Rikki who regularly contributes here on PhotoComment. Rikki’s tip “Always prep your camera gear the night before a shoot, so there is time to charge your batteries, check your memory cards, pack your props, and make sure you have everything you need.” We ...
- Equipment Review: Gary Fong Lightsphere Cloud The Gary Fong Lightsphere Cloud is a diffuser that fits onto almost any camera flash, and is an item that no event or wedding photographer should be without.
- Glass Jar Photo Frames Recycle Reuse & Repurpose Glass Jar Photo Frames In South Africa, recycling is a way of life that not very many people incorporate into their daily routine. Partly because we do not have the facilities or many places that offer this service, but mainly because most people are too lazy to think about what happens to their ...