Here ye! Hear ye! If you own 5D MkIII, you may want to head over to the link to download the latest firmware of your light capturing beast.
Here’s a quick breakdown of what the latest firmware will do for you:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the flash may not fire depending on the timing of when the shutter button is pressed.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the AF microadjustment value may change.*
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the LCD monitor may show a line of false color along boundaries of high contrast.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the histogram of a LiveView image is incorrectly displayed when an HDMI cable is connected.
- Enables the brightness of the camera’s LCD monitor to be adjusted even when an HDMI cable is connected.
You will need to already have firmware version 1.2.1 on your camera to move up to 1.2.3. So if you don’t have that, you may want to grab that also while you are there.
- Via: DP Review