Earlier this year Between 10and5 was approached by the Elizabeth Galloway Academy of fashion design. During their grad year the fashion design students receive a styling brief guided by styling lecturer and fashion photographer Theunis Stofberg.
Theunis thought it’d be fun if this year’s styling brief was a collaboration with Between 10and5. We quickly got to work contacting young, upcoming fashion photographers in Cape Town to pair up with the students in Stellenbosch.
The brief: To create a 6 page fashion story, styled by the students and photographed by the emerging talent represented by Between 10and5.
The 12 teams are in the process of completing the brief that is slightly different for each. The teams were randomly assigned a book title to serve as the title of their story as well as provide inspiration for the styling and style of photography. Examples include The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, A Tale of Two Cities, Running with Scissors and Valley of the Dolls.
The young teams are responsible for everything; sourcing location, models, wardrobe and hair&make-up artists to work with. We are truly excited to see what they come up with.
The final images are set to become an online exhibition for all to view.
The photographers involved are:
- Kristin-Lee Moolman
- Paul Ward
- Megan Mitchell
- Jane Paterson
- Paul Cocks
- Alix-Rose Cowie
- Danielle Clough
- John-Alex Second
- Theunis Stofberg
List of Elizabeth Galloway student teams:
- Gizelle le Roux and Simone Roelofse
- Kim Gush and Miquel Bisogno
- Ané Strydom
- Helena Le Grange and Hubre Wahl
- Michelle Lotz and Tamryn Van Der Merwe
- Madelief Roux and Melissa Williams
- Natalie Combley and Jess Proudfoot
- Luzanne van der Watt and Karlien Ehlers
- Helanzi Dreyer and Sanri Pienaar
- Mariza Van der Walt and Bianca Weygandt
- Anchen Tempelhoff , Serina van Jaarveld and Suzaan Beeton
- Christelle Vorster, Mia Kriek and Marike Vorndran