The leader in speed and image quality
The Leaf Aptus-II series of digital backs offers professional photographers the speed, image quality and flexibility to push their work beyond expectations.
The all new Leaf Aptus-II series includes a top of the line offering with the only True Wide Frame sensor. With the Leaf Aptus-II 10, you can capture what was previously impossible, with a revolutionary, digital sensor that achieves True Wide Frame shooting. This 56mm x 36mm sensor offers a higher resolution (56MP) and allows for fullwidth imaging.
Larger digital sensorsThe all new Leaf Aptus-II series includes a top of the line offering with the only True Wide Frame sensor. Capture what was previously impossible, with a revolutionary, larger digital sensor that achieves True Wide Frame shooting. The full-width 56x36mm s
ensor provides higher resolution (56MP) and allows for full-width imaging.
Capture speeds as fast as 1 frame per second, for the freedom and flexibility to realize your creative vision.
- Fastest image transfer speed, using the latest FireWire 800 technologies
- Fastest Read/Write speeds taking advantage of the newest CompactFlash (CF) card technology
Uncompromising image quality
Film-like quality that is superior to any capture device available in the industry, regardless of resolution.
- Unique color filters ensure consistent and accurate color reproduction
- Large, specially designed sensor with unsurpassed 12 f–stop dynamic range provides unmatched detail, richness and color, low noise, and striking highlights
- Broad ISO: from 50 to 800
Flexibility: Shoot your best in any situation
Take advantage of a range of features that enable you to shoot anywhere. A new brighter and higher contrast LCD touch screen, for checking your shots under all kinds of challenging lighting conditions, both indoors and out.
- Maximum portability with a range of storage options: CF card, FireWire disk, computer hard disk
- Compatible with medium- and large-format cameras: use wide-angle lenses and shift & tilt movements
- Compatible with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, and Apple Aperture as well as other leading software applications for processing Leaf uncompressed RAW files
Complete control: Functionality and portability
A wide range of functions are available directly on the camera back, including:
- Create and name alternate directories for file storage
- Annotate individual files with text entered using an on-screen keyboard
- Image-viewing options: by list, by a range of thumbnail sizes
- Multiple selection of images: perform actions on the entire selection
- Portable file-management option: name images/folders and predefine settings per shoot View histogram representation
Enhanced productivity: Faster shoot-to-delivery
Adjust and control images while you shoot, using the intuitive display to manipulate RAW images in a range of thumbnail sizes.
- The image automatically orients itself to the camera’s rotation
- The handy loupe tool provides immediate access to focus control during the shoot
- Enjoy wireless connectivity via Bluetooth, or view the images on a portable HP iPAQ
- Use the lossless 16-bit file compression to speed up file handling without loss of image quality